Little ghosts and princesses impatiently await the big day when they can don their costumes and go trick or treating! If you’re organizing a party for a slew of little monsters, get them involved and let your imagination do the rest.
When it’s time to have some fun in the kitchen, your imagination is your greatest resource. Here are some ideas for turning simple ingredients into spooky little treats.
- Wrap a sausage in puff pastry to make a yummy mummy.
- Hollow out a pumpkin to make a perfect serving dish for squash soup.
- Turn cauliflower into brains on a vegetable platter.
- Carve a devilish face into a stuffed orange bell pepper to turn it into a tasty little pumpkin.
- Dip bananas and strawberries in white chocolate and decorate them with chocolate chips to make two-bite ghosts.
- Decorate an upside-down ice cream cone with icing to make a perfect witch’s hat.
- Food coloring is your best friend when decorating cakes and cupcakes.
- Turn your favourite cocktails and juices into magic potions by adding gummy worms.
All that remains is to set the table and decorate your house to welcome your costumed guests with your frightfully flavourful spread.