- very easy
- Prep Time
- 15 mins
- Total Time
- 3 mins
- 20 turtles
- soft caramel squares
- 1/2 cup
- dark or milk chocolate (your choice), chopped
- 125 ml
- whole pecans, toasted
- Fleur de sel, to taste
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Step 2
- To toast the pecans, lay them out on a baking sheet and place in the oven approximately 10 minutes, or until lightly golden and fragrant.*
- Step 3
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place 4 pecans in a cross formation for each turtle.
- Step 4
- Unwrap the caramels and place one in the centre of each pecan cross. Place a piece of chocolate (approximately 1 tsp. or 5 ml) on each caramel.
- Step 5
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel, to taste.
- Step 6
- Bake in the oven 2-3 minutes, or until the caramel and chocolate are melted.
- Step 7
- Let harden at room temperature for approximately 1 hour or 15 to 20 minutes in the fridge.
Toasting the pecans heightens their flavour but is not a necessary step. It’s a question of taste.